The Middle Path, Inc, offers a holistic Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) of therapy derived from the philosophical process of dialectics. It utilizes the results from behavioral science research in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) developed in the 1970s by Dr. Marsha Linehan and colleagues at the University of Washington.
The Middle Path’s therapy focus is to work with clients and help them learn new behaviors:
* Mindfulness– thoughts and feelings in the moment and realizing there’s a choice in how to respond
* Emotional Regulation – learning to more effectively control the emotions and become less reactive to people and situations
* Interpersonal Effectiveness – how to maintain relationships, meet personal needs and keep self-respect
* Distress Tolerance – an “acceptance strategy” to help tolerate intense emotions without engaging in problematic behaviors
* Middle Path – more effectively managing extreme patterns of thought and behavior to achieve greater balance in life”
Doctor John Kupfner, M.D., a Knoxville Psychiatrist with a satellite office at The Middle Path, Inc, supports the program’s therapeutic approach, is an active advisor, and refers patients to The Middle Path for therapy.
The Middle Path, Inc. welcomes the opportunity to support and serve the greater Knoxville community and will be pleased to accept patient referrals. The Middle Path additionally offers a broad range of support programs that are open to the Knoxville community.
OUR IOP WILL INCREASE YOUR CLIENT'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH IN TWENTY SESSIONS!
FOR PHYSICIANS & THERAPISTS